Trimble’s SPS986 GNSS Smart Antenna is faster and scalable, has a longer battery life and incorporates the latest technology to make construction surveying easier, safer, and more productive.
Key Features and Benefits
- Rugged, all-in-one solution
- Compact design with unprecedented strength and durability, easy to use and virtually indestructible
- Tilt compensation makes site positioning easier and more accessible for new users, while saving time and money for experienced users
- The most rugged receiver Trimble has ever built
- Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) corrections for higher accuracy site measurements
- Uses more GNSS constellations, satellites and signals to increase productivity and uptime, greater accuracy in difficult conditions (under tree canopy or in urban areas)
- Use the eBubble to see the verticality of the receiver in the software instead of on the rod bubble; work more efficiently and effectively, especially in low light
The SPS986 can easily go from carrying case to range pole, tripod, t-bar, or vehicle with a single click to get you going faster.
Trimble xFill Technology
Trimble xFill technology expands site productivity by allowing short excursions into locations where GNSS corrections were not previously available.
Using the Trimble SPS986 GNSS Smart Antenna and Trimble Siteworks Positioning software it is now possible to capture accurate points while standing, walking or driving the site in a vehicle, while the receiver is not level. Full GNSS tilt compensation makes Siteworks easier to learn for beginners and saves significant time for more experienced surveyors. Tilt compensation in vehicle mode is designed to capture higher accuracy measurements on steeper slopes from a moving vehicle, and more accurate volume measurements to save time and money on material planning.
- Survey hard to reach areas (corners, traffic lanes, utility flowlines) safely and easily
- Faster measurements
- More efficient stake-outs
- No magnetic interference
Mount the SPS986 to a vehicle and do site topos, check as-builts, and road center lines in even the roughest site conditions. The SPS986 can withstand high vibration scenarios without interruption or fear of damage. Initial site work and topo can even be done base-station-free using satellite-delivered GNSS corrections to the rover.
With Trimble Site works software, you can:
- Determine cut/fill on a range pole, utility vehicle or truck
- Record tilt data when taking measurements
- Stake out site or road features, utilities, daylight lines, and side slopes
- Measure progress and calculate material stockpile volumes
- Carry out as-built measurements, grade checks and thickness checks
Using your smartphone, quickly check the health and status of the receiver with the Trimble GNSS Status App. For a more in-depth look, Trimble Web UI can be accessed over Wi-Fi. Setting a new standard for rugged reliability, the SPS986 GNSS Smart Antenna keeps your crews working, not wasting time with GNSS maintenance.
Reliable Base Station
The SPS986 can also serve as a powerful site base station, using integrated Wi-Fi or optional radio to send and receive corrections for rover or machine control work. The SPS986 will automatically establish a connection with the machine radio or GNSS rover and begin transmitting corrections—just put it on the tripod, switch it on and go.